Monday, January 19, 2009

Dokebi Bride: Vol. 4

by Marley

Synopsis
Trouble comes at Sunbi from the spirit world and the human world alike! The jealous Gwangsoo is driving Sunbi crazy, visiting her at all hours and calling her his "bride"-- but whenever more evil spirits begin to cling to her, there's no one else to turn to.... So-called real life, meanwhile, is just as complicated. A chance meeting may offer some unexpected help -- and then a mysterious girl tries to claim Sunbi's armory as her own. Is the newcomer friend or foe? Find out in the latest volume of this mind-boggling thriller!

Review
Personally, I think Gwangsoo makes this series. He has so much character that he's delightful to watch, and he steals the show everytime he makes an appearance. What I find really cute is he is just "pleased as punch" to have Sunbi as his "bride." Of course, in such a relationship, he wants more that Sunbi is unwilling to give. Actually her treatment of him is quite awful, and I find myself getting mad at her for constantly pushing him away and saying rude things to him. Can't she understand how genuine his feelings are for her? Sure, he's not the most attractive being ever, but compared to some of his comrades, he's really not that bad. It must be my integrity, that I think that someone who's willing to help you, for no reward, and treats you nicely and thoughtfully, is someone that deserves respect. I hope she learns this. I respected her assertiveness at first, but now I see it as a flaw, as she is assertively rude to everyone, not just people who deserve it. I'm beginning to understand why her family is worried about her.

As for the rest of the story, she unwillingly helps an old woman (but I won't spoil that), and someone has come by her house looking for her, or more specifically, her grandmother's objects. I'm suspicious already.

Final thought: I'm loving this series!

No comments: