Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Other Side of the Mirror: Vol. 2

by Jo Chen

Synopsis
After escaping the confines of New York City, Lou and Sunny start a new life in a small town. But just as things are looking up, the trauma of their pasts wiped clean, fate strikes again... and Lou may lose more than he thought possible.

From celebrated illustrator Jo Chen comes the conclusion to this poignant tale about two lost souls finding themselves -- and each other.

Review
The story only takes up about half of the book, so there's not much to write about, especially without spoiling it. But trouble follows the couple even in a small town, as the convenience store that Sunny works at is robbed. What follows is tragedy, finding out what you really live for, and what is the meaning of life. The ending made me think of Romeo and Juliet, in the way that it turns out, except it's not as tragic. This series is definitely worth reading, and the only problem I have is that I wish it was longer, and developed the characters' relationship more.

Final thought: I'm glad I read this. I wish there was more like it.

No comments: