Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Fairy Cube: Vol. 2

by Kaori Yuki

Synopsis
Ian and Rin used to just see spirits. Now Ian is one. Using the Fairy Cube, Ian must figure out how to stop the lizard-spirit Tokage from taking over his life and destroying any chance he has of resurrection.

Crown of Thorns
Tokage has troubles of his own when he gets involved with the Gotoh Group, conspiratorial fairies aiming at world domination.


Review
This is really a very fascinating manga. There's nothing wrong with it, very little that bothers me, and it continues to be interesting. I especially love the use of Celtic mythology that gives it a more authentic flavor. It's interesting that some characters, whose purpose was unknown become more developed. I'd actually like to see more of that, more about fairy characters and what life is like in the fairy world. But I probably won't, because that would shift the focus of the story too much.

There is just one little thing that bothers me, and that is the author's layouts. Sometimes things happen, and it doesn't flow in my mind, so I have to stop and re-read, to make sure I understand. Sometimes, I think if the author would show just a little bit more, I wouldn't get so confused.

Final thought: I'll read the next volume.

No comments: