Monday, March 23, 2009

Sensual Phrase: Vol. 3

by Mayu Shinjo

Synopsis
There's always a gaggle of pretty young girls hanging out backstage ready to provide "fan support" to Sakuya, the dreamy frontman for hard rockin' Lucifer. Unfortunately, the one girl he most desires doesn't seem to want him.

Or so he thinks.... In reality, Aine is hopelessly in love with the lanky, leather-clad heartthrob. But cruel circumstances have conspired to keep them apart.

Now Sakuya has been cast on a popular TV show with a co-star who just happens to be the first woman he ever slept with! It's no secret she's more than read for another romp with him. Will he be able to resist her sexual advances and hold out for the woman of his dreams...?

Review
I don't really take this series too seriously, because I know it's just erotic fluff. It's not the greatest thing ever, but I don't really hate it, so I keep reading.

In this volume, the whole Ralph Grazer arc gets wrapped up, a little too conveniently, if you ask me. But whatever. Then, we get thrown into another arc, this time with a past lover of Sakuya's, a famous actress, Ayako Sakura. She's still interested in him, of course, she has to be, because we need another conflict. I probably wouldn't care much if Aine had more confidence in herself. She constantly seems to be worried that she's going to lose Sakuya.

One nice thing about this series is that Aine seems to really like sex, as I think most people do, but society tries to get women to downplay that. It's actually refreshing to see a woman enjoying herself and asking for more. It's certainly not something I see very often.

Final thought: I'll read the next book.

No comments: